A blog for Christian men "going their own way."

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Elusive Wapiti on Men as Providers

Last week, I came across a wonderful post by Elusive Wapiti on his blog. The piece, "Providing His Way Into Oblivion" is a much needed corrective to the mind-numbing insistence that so many religious leaders have in presenting manhood primarily in terms of economic potential (i.e., men as walking ATMs). But there's another post on the same subject by Elusive Wapiti that I treasure just as much, if not more: "The Church's Own Teachings Create Broken Homes." It's one of those articles that I feel a burden on my heart to write but am glad when somebody does it for me. I am certainly adding it to the "Biblical Manhood Library." I'm also adding EW to my blogroll under the "Notable Kindred" category (religious, against male-bashing and against statism).

2 comments:

Elusive Wapiti said...

Anakin, thanks for the mention. I've been meaning to blogroll you for sometime but you've beaten me to it!

Keep up the great work and I look forward to more postage.

Francis W said...

Hi great reading yyour post