A blog for Christian men "going their own way."

Friday, January 2, 2009

Good Media Presentation for the New Year

Well, I am back from vacationing at a certain designation and ready to kick off the new year. As my regular readers might infer from my past posts, I am not really a big fan of mainstream media (to put it mildly). However, I recently came across a 15-segment presentation at AOL.com entitled, "Habits of Highly Unattractive Women." I am surprised that the typical gynocentrism of the media has been laid aside for some simple common sense in this case. Christian women need to close the browser tab on whatever "relationship expert" site they are perusing and read the AOL piece instead. The segments on "neediness", "incessant insecurity", dropping one's "story", getting "a life", and being "take-me-home-now" gorgeous are not, in my opinion, major problems with women these days. But the other segments are dead on. I would just add to the list the Control Freak (i.e., a woman who doesn't allow a man some space, hobbies, input on things, etc.) and the Gender Role Chameleon (i.e., a woman who insists on chivalry, yet also demands all the perks and privileges of feminism--the high-status career women who thinks her husband should make more money than her comes to mind here).

Edit: The feedback from the female readers is hilarious (much of it being in the "How dare anyone suggest that *I* have to change for a mayyyyannnnn!!" mode).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The list is mostly common sense, although some of the sexual matters addressed--due to the secular nature of the writers--are not appropriate in the context of singleness.

I'm referring, of course, to the following "advice": You don't have to install a stripper pole in your bedroom or get into hardcore role play (although both could be fun), but you need to be honest about your sexuality and whether or not you hold back in between the sheets. A subset of boring sex is doing it just to get it over with. What could be more unattractive. Practice being naughty and initiate sex much more frequently. Last but not least, tell him, show him, guide him to pleasuring you. He will love you for it.

Anonymous said...

If the feedback reflects a typical American female, I understand MGTOW perfectly.

Any man who wants to have a relationship with the likes of the harpies who commented on it must be insane.

Anakin Niceguy said...

The list is mostly common sense, although some of the sexual matters addressed--due to the secular nature of the writers--are not appropriate in the context of singleness.

Absolutely, but Christian women (single or married) should understand that being a square or a prude in the marriage bed is not very attractive for a wife.

Anonymous said...

Anakin says: Absolutely, but Christian women (single or married) should understand that being a square or a prude in the marriage bed is not very attractive for a wife.

Fair enough. I've always said that people generally get the marriage of their choosing. If the wife (husband) is always putting off her (his) husband (wife) sexually, then the resultant misery is her (his) own fault.

The happily-married couples I know are people who make time for each other. They don't merely expect their marriage to be happy, they actively seek to make it so.

That is because they were raised with the expectation that they would stay married, and that they need to be accommodating to each other.

And in none of the cases is the husband one of those P.W. types whose answer is always "yes, dear", nor is the wife undermining her husband in the company of others.

They each take care of themselves, they are often doting on their kids--but not spoiling them--and are often affectionate [but not inappropriately] with each other in the company of others.

What they do in their bedroom is no one's business, but I'd bet no small amount of money that they are quite happy.

Christina said...

Fair enough. I've always said that people generally get the marriage of their choosing. If the wife (husband) is always putting off her (his) husband (wife) sexually, then the resultant misery is her (his) own fault.

I alwasy wondered how to be "general" without using it/they/their in my english courses when they said not to use slashes.

I wish they had actually TAUGHT this...

Anakin, this link distracted me for 4 hours yesterday...thanks...I think?

And...did you guys notice how many of the "experts" being quoted are actually MARRIAGE experts?

I read some of the other stuff, too...and it was shocking to me how even the SECULAR marriage counselors have got it together...why doesn't anyone else?

oh wait...the comments are kinda answering that question.

No one is interested in hearing anything that requires any sacrifice on their part =p

Anonymous said...

Christina says: I alwasy wondered how to be "general" without using it/they/their in my english courses when they said not to use slashes.

In my economics textbooks, I noticed that convention used frequently. I don't always use it, because--believe it or not--some people still don't quite pick up on it.